Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

One Step Closer

Tomorrow we will get one step closer to a normal existence. Our world went Topsy, turvy around the first of April. We went on a week long road trip to central California. A road trip of any length with three kids can turn anyones life upside down. After coming home and unpacking and getting back into a groove I went away on our church's womans retreat for a weekend. Then my Dad passed away the first of May. Since then life has been extremely chaotic. The burial, paperwork, sorting through his things, cleaning his house, getting it ready to sell, finally getting it on the market, oh yeah and don't forget the office remodel we undertook at our home. Needless to say our last school year came to an abrupt end and read-alouds, piano practice and math facts practice went on the back burner. As TheGirl says, "This has been the worst summer ever!" Let me tell you , it sure has been. Last summer we laid around the pool and read all the books we wanted, not so much this summer. This summer has been the summer of the Nintendo DS and Netflix while Mommy works on other stuff. But tomorrow...glorious tomorrow me life gets back to somewhat normal, we start school. I am as ready as I can be at this point in time. The Daily work notebooks have been prepped and the school room has been cleaned. I am really looking forward to spending time with my kids learning. And to make things even better I am hoping for an offer on my Dad's house tomorrow. The only thing that will never be normal is not having a Dad anymore.

No comments: