Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Long Time...

It's been a long time since I posted to this blog. I tried several times but I just couldn't put my thoughts down. Somehow it just seemed that if I wrote about it, it would be a confirmation, an admission that it really did happen. My Dad died. That was such a hard sentence to type. It really did happen. May 2, 2008 my life forever changed. Sandwiched between the marshmallows and cans of tuna at Stater Brothers I received one of the worst phone calls I have ever received. The first being the call from the hospital informing my father that my mother's heart was stopping and did we want to let her go, the second phone call, this phone call was from my husband informing me that my father had passed away. It has been three months since I lost him. This post makes it real. There you go world, I am admitting it, it really did happen - My father EFC died, and my life has forever been changed. I miss him terribly. I think of him often during my days. However it is in the still, quite moments of the night, when the house is all quite that my thoughts turn to tears, and my tears turn to pains of longing. What is it that I am longing for? You see, I will be reunited with my father one day. We will dance on the streets that are golden before the presence of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Savior. That word takes on such a whole new, intensified meaning for me now. Jesus Christ was my father's savior. He died and paid the price for my father's wretched sins. My father was saved from death's grasp and eternal condemnation in the pit of fire. He was saved by grace, not by his own works, but by God's grace. Pretty graphic but it is true. Pretty awesome...My Dad Was Saved!! Our story is not over, it's just on pause for a little while. But still....I miss him.




No comments: